Wednesday, April 5, 2017

From fluff to finished object

I love spinning (have I mentioned that?).  And I love the path spinning takes to yarn and then later, finished object.

Fiber Optic has the most luscious fiber, it's always beautifully prepared and is a joy to spin.  That was exactly the case with this braid.  Seriously - click the link and go get your own.  It's totally worth it.  I'll wait.



Did you get it?  Did anything else fall into your cart along the way?  Don't worry - this is a judgement free zone.  If money and criminal charges were no object, I would just grab it all and run.  And then stop, roll around in it, gather it back up and run some more.

My humble braid found its way home from Wooster with me 2 springs ago.


This past spring, it grew into this beautiful yarn.


Not long after, it whispered that it wanted to be a shawl.  And I stretched that pattern to use as much of this yarn as possible.

This game is called yarn chicken.  And I won.
And the finished object was nearly perfect.  This picture is from before it was even washed or blocked.  It is SO soft.


I've enjoyed wearing this shawl for several months now, and it still looks as beautiful as ever!  (You can see the subtle color shifts better in this light, too!)



No comments:

Post a Comment